Organisation for Anti Convulsant Syndromes
1) To provide help and support to families with children affected by the syndrome
2) To increase the awareness of Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome (F.A.C.S)
3) To give information concerning the additional problems caused by the effects of Fetal Anti-Convulsant Syndrome
4) To put families in touch with other support groups who are able to help with their specific needs.
5) To provide women with more awareness of contraceptives and how they are affected by Anti-Convulsant Medication.
6) To help young girls understand their Epilepsy and the issues should they become pregnant.
7) To support children with Educational needs and also with Health issues.
8) To help families understand social services and benefits available to them.
9) To encourage parents in their quest for diagnosis.
10) To ensure that women taking Anti-Convulsant medication are presented with ALL the relevant information, in order to allow them to make informed decisions and to minimise risk to themselves and their children.
Registered Charity No. 1116497